Have you ever seen table saws? What an innovative invention it is for people to bring in a full-fledged work station right in one small corner of your studio or even your house.
We will start this article by looking what a table saw is and what it helps you do, following which we will jump into the 5 best table saw under 1000 dollars and why they are so popular amongst people in the woodworking profession or even those who like to cut their floor laminates on their own.
- What Is A Table Saw?
- Why Have Table Saws Become Important?
- Top 5 Best Table Saw Under 1000 Dollars
What Is A Table Saw?
A Table Saw is essentially a tool used for wood working, which mainly comprises of a big blade to cut the wood, that is motor driven and a platform to balance the wood and the blade.
There are some amazing table saws which not only help you achieve the desired results for your woodcraft, but also make it so simple to work with, that you do not realize the amount of work you may have done.
Why Have Table Saws Become Important?
Table saws have quickly become a household require owing this fact to growing domestic independence. Nowadays it has become a trend to personally do domestic work like cutting flooring wood blocks or laminates and not hire someone else to do the job.
The factor of “why should we pay the extra money if we can do it ourselves for half the price?” has come into broad existence.
Due to all of these factors that we keep into consideration, we also see that tools like Table Saws have started to be designed for both professional workstations and also for domestic chores for house floorings etc.
Top 5 Best Table Saw Under 1000 Dollars
Let us have a look at some of these table saws and what we have to say about them.
1. DEWALT 10 inch Table Saw
This DEWALT device has a high speed and powerful motor which is used to cut hardwood and lumber, as items as hard as floor boards. Its powerful motor ensures that large pieces and blocks of these materials can be cut with extreme ease of usage.
The table saw has a removable vacuum which is used mainly for extracting the splints and dusts off of the wood blocks. This device can be used in workshops requiring high quality of output and also is a viable option for domestic work.
The DEWALT table saw comes with a ‘Site-Pro Guard’ component which pushes aside the wood that is not in use.
- It is a relatively light table saw, weighing 90 pounds and thus, is much easier to carry. Its portability makes it one of the top rated table saws.
- It can easily cut into hard materials and also easily trims into large blocks.
- Its dust vacuum can suck the dust particles, making your work station clean for use.
- It is well within a common man’s budget
- In my opinion, it is of premium quality and will not go defunct anytime soon after your purchase
- It comes with a ‘rolling stand system’ for easy movement of the table saw.
- It is made to fit the usage of differing levels of tolerance or intensity of the product
- The weight of the table saw is a massive 90 pounds which may not always be the best option when you look at purchasing a small and compact table saw, since portability is a major part of how easy to use a table saw is.
- The manual of the product does not seem to be very clear to a first time user. Thus, going through YouTube videos and doing thorough research is recommended.
- The cord of this particular table saw is relatively shorter than regular ones, thus you will require an extension cord if you wish to use the product at a jobsite or a work station.
- The device contains multiple plastic pieces which may not be very suitable for an on-site construction work area.
- The removal process of the entire assembly is not easy at all and takes quite a large amount of time, being such a tedious process.
2. DEWALT Compact Job Side Table Saw with Site-Pro Modular Guarding System
Priced at a very reasonable rate of only $399, this table saw has multiple similarities with the table saw we saw above. It weighs lighter than the above mentioned one with a weight of 53.7 pounds, which is a big difference.
You have an option to buy the table saw with or without a stand and it comes with a three year warranty from the manufacturer. Of course, there is a noticeable price disparity if you decide to take it without the stand, since it is the only factor which makes it a TABLE saw.
- The option of people buying or not buying the stand is a good way of providing the latter option with a cheaper rate.
- It includes a bag to collect the sawdust and vacuum opening port.
- It has an easy set up and can be aligned in about 15 minutes.
- Easy to use product with all the instructions mentioned on the packaging.
- It has an easy way of changing blades and is safe so you don’t have to worry about cutting yourself in the process.
- The replacement parts for this table saw are relatively inexpensive and easy to find in the market.
- It cannot be used with a regular dado blade
- The quality of the mitre gauge was not good
- The blade does not come with a guard
3. DEWALT 12 inch Mitre Saw
This mitre saw has a 4000 RPM motor and ensures extreme accuracy of cutting due to its sharp saw. The mitre is adjustable hence it proves to be very convenient. It is sold at a price of $299 which is a steal for such a product, in my opinion.
It has a 6.5 inch base molding that stands vertically and 5.25 inch crown molding. It has been designed in a professional way since it is lightweight and thus, portable. It weighs an approximate of 42 pounds.
- Relatively inexpensive and most suitable for those who wish to have an accurate style of carpentry, but do not want to splurge too much
- Easy to carry around
- High motor power of 4000 RPM and a 15 AMP motor
- This table saw does not have a sliding feature
- It creates a lot of noise which can be a big turn off for long time users due to the constant noise
- The saw arm gets locked again and again if you push it after making a cut. This can get inconvenient and redundant for the user
4. SKIL Flooring Saw with 36T Contractor Blade
Priced at a reasonable $135, this table saw is effortlessly able to cut through laminated flooring or solid hardwood, etc. The blade is sharp enough so that you do not have to move your blade back and forth to make one cut, but just one swipe. It has a compact design and it is easy to transport and store!
- It is very light weight and weighs merely 13.72 pounds
- The blades are very long lasting and frequent changes are not required to be made
- It is very easy to clean
- It does the work of a table saw and a mitre saw in one
- It has a very stable, durable and sturdy structure, rip fence and mitre gauge
- It throws out a lot of dust and the vacuum that comes with the table saw is not equipped enough to catch all of it
- If you move too fast with the blade, you will end up having jagged and rough sides to your piece of wood, but if you move too slow, the wood will develop burns on the edges
- The angles of the mitre cuts are limited to only 45 degrees which results in the user not being able to use the mitre in a holistic direction which limits his/her reach for the sole purpose of cutting the wood blocks and laminates.
5. Norse TS10 9683412 Table Saw
The Norse Table Saw comes with a mitre gauge. It weighs around 55 pounds and is fairly priced at $229.
- The legs of the table saw are made of steel and thus are very sturdy but still light weight enough to move
- The table saw does not make a lot of noise while functioning
- It has premium blade quality and all cuts are very smooth
- The base is plastic and not metal which makes it less sturdy than other table saws
- The instructions for assembling and using are very vague, so it is a better option to see YouTube tutorials
All the above mentioned products are suitable for both areas of work and since they are all much cheaper than $1000, it is a steal to buy them and gain the expertise of working rather than hiring someone to do the same work from scratch.
I personally endorse Norse TS10 9683412 Table Saw as it has the ability to work as 2 in one products of a saw table and also as a mitre saw which makes it a very reliable and economically beneficial product. It is sturdy, made of steel, but still lightweight.