Are you a passionate plant collector? Do you always look for a plant that’s easy to care for, requires low maintenance, and adds up value to your collection?
Every plant collector wishes to get their hands on rare plants which have some fascinating characteristics. I am also a plant collector who loves to have rare plants in my collection.
Ace of Spades is one of the most wanted Anthurium genus species by people fond of collecting rare and unusual plants. It is one of the most beautiful herbaceous houseplants in the genus.
Thus, this blog will help you get this plant, take care of it, and add a sense of peace and value to your personal space.
So, let’s get started.
- #1- It Is an Awesome Plant
- #2-It Is Best Suited for Rare Plants Collector
- #3- Its Care Is Simple
- #4- It Can Enhance the Aesthetics of Your Place
- #5- It can Add Up to Your Well-Being
- #6- Its Propagation is Easy
- #7- These Are Low-Maintenance Plants
Perks of Having an Anthurium Ace of Spades in Your Place
This plant has various surprising characteristics and features, which makes it more unique among others. After knowing about this plant, you will surely want to have it in your home.
#1- It Is an Awesome Plant
Anthurium Ace of Spades is an awesome plant that is easy growing and has very low maintenance. This is a hybrid plant with unknown parentage. It got featured in Hawaii many years ago, which is available in the tropical regions of America and Mexico nowadays.
It is an evergreen tropical plant with large leaves having a velvety texture in the shape of a heart, just as its name suggests. The leaves change their colour with the maturity of the plant.
You can place this plant with other plants as its large leaves serves as a perfect background for other plants. This plant is so beautiful that it becomes impossible to stay without loving this plant.
Ace of Spades is a Crystallinum species of the genus Anthurium. It belongs to the Pothoideae subfamily of the family Araceae. This plant grows 2-3 feet tall, spreading broadly.
It prefers soil that is constantly moist to grow. The leaves show fascinating changes as they are red in their vegetative stage, which changes to bronze and finally to dark green when they mature.
Once they grow up in size, you can report the stems by cutting them. You can have the Ace of Spades to make your place look even more awesome with the plant’s attractive appearance.
Unlike flowering Anthurium, ‘Ace of spades’ is a leafy plant species that immediately attract anyone with the beauty it possesses.
#2-It Is Best Suited for Rare Plants Collector
It is best suited for anyone who wants a low maintenance plant that doesn’t require regular watering and a huge amount of care. This plant can be grown by yourself in your homes in pots with the least amount of care. It can add peace and beauty to your place without a doubt.
This can be your first-choice plant if you are fond of rare plants. It can be fertilized once every two months when it’s growing and needs indirect sunlight. So, you can have this plant without having to take care of it every time.
You will have to keep away this plant from children and pets as the plant is poisonous. It can cause skin irritation and are not suitable for consumption. Since the plant is a rare species, you will have to place it either on the balcony or at a height that is not accessible for everyone.
If you are fond of collecting beautiful plants, you can have this plant in your place. You will surely love having it.
#3- Its Care Is Simple
There are people who always talk about their plants and mention how exhausting it is to grow them. Anthurium Ace of Spades surely needs a level of care, but not like you need to think about it all the time. You will not have to worry all the time about this plant since it grows with just a little care.
Whether you are an expert or just starting, having this plant will need just a little time of yours. It surely will be worth the time invested. Some of the important things to know for the care of Ace of Spades are mentioned below-
- This plant requires partial sunlight or diffused light. Ideal places to place this plant are next to the windows in the east or west, where it can get some direct morning light or late afternoon light. Since the attractive leaves of this plant quickly get sunburns, you will have to place it at least a few feet away from the south window if it is not shaded.
- It prefers a warm environment to grow. A uniform temperature ranging between 68°- 80°F is best suited for this plant.
- It is sensitive to cold or temperature fluctuations. Cold temperatures turn the water in its leaves into ice crystals which destroys the tissue and leads to the ruination of the plant.
- You don’t have to water this plant daily. Just water it 2-3 times a week since it prefers moist soil to grow well. Only water the plant if the top 1 to 2 inches of the soil becomes dry.
- The thick and velvety leaves of the plant store the water. So, excess watering is not required. Just make sure that it is not draining on drier days. It gives the best result if lukewarm water is used.
You are possibly getting ready to get your hands on this beautiful Ace of Spades after reading this, aren’t you?
#4- It Can Enhance the Aesthetics of Your Place
Plants not only enhance your balcony, garden or your home nowadays. They are utilized in the drawing-room, living room, and offices as well. Why? Because they add a class and value to your place.
Anthurium Ace of Spades is one such plant that can be potted in the hall or on the balcony in the hang baskets to make it look more attractive. It is indeed a beautiful plant.
It is a gorgeous looking plant due to the presence of dark green, velvety leaves, which has the shape of the heart. The leaves change from red to bronze and finally to dark green.
These changes arising in the leaves of the plant is so fascinating to observe. Ace of Spades is a hybrid species of Anthurium. It is a leafy plant that has its attraction centred in the leaves themselves. You can use this plant to give an aesthetic look to your office or add charm and value to your home.
Ace of Spades is an evergreen plant meaning it can stay fresh and green through many years to come. It can lure you with its beauty and also give a peaceful vibe to your place. It can enhance the aesthetics of your area to add more value.
#5- It can Add Up to Your Well-Being
Growing a plant is like raising a baby and taking care of it. You will plant it today and see it growing bigger every day. You will be able to see all those changes that arise in your plant when it is growing.
The fascinating changes in the leaves, growing of its stem and many others cannot go unnoticed from you once you have this plant in your place. You will feel a sense of pride with every inch of growth that the plant attains.
This plant will eventually be your plant. You will see them growing every day, which gives you a great feeling of joy. It will enhance your atmosphere wherever you place it to make you feel better.
Many people talk to their plants, name them, and treat them like an important part of their lives. Plants can be great companions.
They will listen patiently to you when you talk to them. It gives inner happiness if plants surround you. Even studies have proved that you feel good when you are in nature.
You can talk about your day with the plants over a coffee. You get to sit around with your plants in peace.
#6- Its Propagation is Easy
It is very easy to propagate this Ace of Spades. You can perform it at your home by yourself. Its propagation can be done through stem cuttings.
You don’t need to have to bring in more plants since one plant can be propagated many times. You might get an urge of having more of these plants once you plant the first one in your place.
This can be easily achieved with its simple and easy propagation of stem cutting. You can follow the below steps to propagate your Anthurium Ace of Spades.
- Use a separate container and fill it with potting mix.
- Take a sharp knife, then disinfect it.
- Cut a stem from a healthy Anthurium plant with a knife.
- Make sure that the stem is 3 inches long.
- Remove the leaves from the bottom.
- Have 2-3 leaves on top of the stem cutting.
- Place the stem cutting in the center of the pot.
- Water it quickly whenever the substrate surface gets dry.
- Place the pot in indirect sunlight or partial shade.
- Water it just for some days until new growth starts.
Ace of Spades grows well in the moist soil, which has a slightly acidic to neutral pH. Planting a single stem cutting or multiple stems cutting depends on your mother plant.
To make a full, lush pot of Anthurium Ace of Spades, you can plant 5-6 stems in a container some inches apart to make a full, lush pot of this plant. They will grow beautifully and become more attractive when they grow up.
Isn’t it easy to grow this plant? Yes? Let’s do it then.
#7- These Are Low-Maintenance Plants
Although the Ace of Spades is a low maintenance plant, a certain level of care and attention should be given. You need to look for any issues occurring if the optimum conditions are not available. But you don’t need to worry as it is very easy to handle them.
- You may see the leaves of this plant turning yellow. This indicates probable damage to the plant due to many reasons. Some of them could be the excessive use of water and fertilizers and others. If the plant is in direct sunlight, you can change the location of the plant. The plant can be saved by repotting it with a new substrate. The watering of the plants should always be done, as mentioned in the guide.
- It is important to catch the rotting smell of the plant if rotting occurs. You should check the plant’s roots and smell them. The rotting roots need to be cut down immediately as it slowly kills your plant. Then it should be planted in a fresh pot with fresh soil.
- Browning of leaves occurs when the humidity level is low. It can also become brittle and dry. So, to avoid these, use humidifiers, mist or any other means to increase the humidity. Rainwater or stagnant water can also be utilized if the plant is in its natural environment.
- Since the plant is toxic for pets as well as humans, you should carefully handle the plant while repotting. It causes temporary irritation to the skin, nausea and vomiting. So, keep it far from your child and pets.
>> Replated Post:
- What You Should Know About Anthurium Luxurians Plant!
- Anthurium Crystallinum Vs Clarinervium: How To Tell Them Apart?
So, this is everything you should know about the Anthurium Ace of Spades. It has a well-researched list of the features of the plant, which also includes my own experience of having it.
This plant is an excellent choice for indoor plant collectors, which makes it a must-have species of Anthurium for them.
Did you find it fascinating? This list will surely help you take care of the plant as it has helped me for the same.
If you find this article informative and helpful, please do show your love in the comments below. If you want to add something, please have your say in the article. Please share it with your friends and let them also know about this fascinating plant.