A lawn mower is one of the essential tools needed to keep a garden neat and clean.
There are many types of lawnmowers in the market; however, their size remains somewhat the same.
Considering the size of lawnmowers, moving them can become a tedious task.
Our guide on how to transport a riding lawn mower without a trailer through four easy methods will help you in this regard.
How can our guide help you to transport a lawn mower, you may ask?
Well, this guide is beginner friendly and will help you learn how to transport a riding lawn mower without a trailer in a stepwise manner.
Read further to become an expert in the task in no time.
Prerequisites for Moving a Lawn Mower!
You’ll need to take some steps before transporting your lawn mower:
Cut the Power Supply
We do not want you to get a shock, hence make sure to remove the power supply of your lawn mower before touching it.
Take extra caution by pulling the plug from the socket as well. Sometimes the current can pass through machines without them being on.
The Oil of the Mower
Regardless of their type, all lawnmowers have a section for adding motor oil.
That torturous chemistry class in high school has made us all know that motor oil is flammable. Hence drain the oil from the mower in an empty container to prevent unnecessary damage and hassle.
Starting With a Clean Slate
When you decide to move your lawn mower, it is good practice to clean it first. It will not only take care of unnecessary oil leakages but also prevent your clothes from staining (we already hate laundry day, don’t we?).
You can use a microfiber cloth dipped in soapy water to clean the mower.
Reverse the Assembling
Even a child knows that moving small objects is more manageable than moving large ones.
Remove the detachable parts from the machine to transport your lawn mower efficiently. You can use your standard screwdriver for that purpose. To avoid the parts from getting lost, we recommend placing them in a box and sealing them for transportation.
Things Needed to Transport a Riding Lawn Mower Without a Trailer
Depending on your method, you will need some equipment for transporting the riding lawn mower.
Countercheck your inventory from the list given below:
- Plastic container for fuel draining.
- Mower carrier
- Cardboard boxes
Once you have all the mentioned items in check, you are ready to learn how to transport a riding lawn mower without a trailer.
How to Transport a Riding Lawn Mower Without a Trailer?
The following are the methods:
Method 1: Using an SUV
With this method, your friends can come in handy if you do not own an SUV.
- To prepare the riding lawn mower to fit into the SUV, grab your cardboard box and fit the mower in it.
- Tip a rope around the box, so it does not move during transportation.
- Then place the box either in the back of the car or the trunk, then ride away to your new destination.
Now, let’s look at the second method.
Method 2: Using a Ramp
A ramp can be handy if you want to fit your mower in any vehicle.
- To begin the process, repeat the steps of securing your mower in a cardboard box.
- Then glide the box on the ramp; you can place the other side of the ramp in the vehicle for the mower to glide on.
- After placing the mower on the ramp, push it on the ramp so it gets inside the vehicle.
Now, take it where you want.
Method 3: A Truck for the Mower
If you have truck access, there is nothing better than that.
- Trucks are designed to carry heavy objects such as a riding lawn mower.
- To ensure that the machine parts are kept intact, follow the same procedure of securing them in a card box.
- Place the mower in the truck with the help of your peers and then drive away to the new destination.
For the last method…
Method 4: Call the Professionals
Let’s get real; sometimes, we do not have the time to carry large objects around for transportation.
- If you have the budget, then by all means, contact a moving company.
- These companies have the right equipment and human resources to do the job in no time.
- There are multiple moving companies you can use, the one that fits in with your budget and is close to your location.
Now you know how to transport a riding lawn mower without a trailer with four easy methods.
A trailer makes things easy and safe for transportation.
When you do not have access to one, taking the necessary precautions is a good practice to avoid injuries.
Take a look at the safety tips below:
The hands are one of the most functional parts of the body. The lawn mower comprises parts that can easily damage your hands. It includes hot motor oil and sharp blades.
Wear safety gloves when disassembling the mower and carrying it around to protect your hands from damage.
The Speed of the Vehicle
We get it when you want to reach your destination at the earliest, but driving fast can be fatal. The mower’s weight can increase danger if you drive your vehicle at high speed.
We recommend you keep the speed to a minimum to reach your destination. After all, reaching late is better than not reaching at all!
Get People Onboard
Due to its weight, transportation of the riding lawn mower can be a difficult task even for the fittest of people.
So, do not hesitate to call your friends and family to help you with transportation.
Transporting a riding lawn mower is challenging; however, doing it without a trailer can be even more difficult.
We understand if you are intimidated or overwhelmed.
Our guide on how to transport a riding lawn mower without a trailer through four easy methods will help in every regard.
If you like this article, let us know in the comments below!