What Is A Grow Tent?
Do you live in areas that have extreme weather conditions? Do you find it hard to grow anything even after you try your best?
You may use the best seeds, nutrition, and fertilizers, and still, the plants don’t grow! It is tough to watch all your efforts go to waste like this! This is where a grow tent can help you.
A grow tent is a fabric box or tent with light and ventilation. This is such an excellent product for plant lovers. They will find that growing all kinds of plants indoors is easy and fuss-free with these grow tents.
You are not at the mercy of the weather anymore! You have full control over the environment with this smart way to grow plants.
With a best grow tent, you will find success in growing all types of plants in all kinds of weather and season. The conditions outside will not matter as long as you have the right setup and the expertise and ability. You can grow fruits, vegetables, flowers, herbs, etc. indoors quickly, any time of the year.
- What Is A Grow Tent?
- Benefits of Grow Tent
- Things to Keep in Mind While Choosing a grow Tent
- Top 10 Best Grow Tent
- 1. Best Overall: CoolGrows Grow Tent, 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- 2. High Quality and Durable: Apollo Horticulture 48”x48”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- 3. Premium Grow Tent: VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- 4. Best For Compartmentalization: TopoGrow 2-in-1 Indoor Grow Tent
- 5. Most Environment Friendly: GreenHouser High Reflective Grow Tent
- 6. Best At Keeping Light In: TUSY 48 x 48 x 80 inch Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- 7. Most Accessories: BloomGrow 60”x60”x80” Grow Tent
- 8. Most Efficient: Hydro Plus LED Light Grow Tent
- 9. High Quality and Low Price: Oppolite 36″x36″x72″ Hydroponic Grow Tent
- 10. Sturdy and Reliable: VIPARSPECTRA 48″x24″x60″ Reflective 600D Mylar Hydroponic 4’x2′ Grow Tent
Benefits of Grow Tent
Are you still debating whether to get a grow tent or not? If you have a big garden and pleasant weather throughout the year, then it may seem like a waste!
However, grow tents are great in all kinds of conditions, and just having plants indoors can do wonders for you in different ways. Let us take a look at some of the benefits of grow tents.
- All year plants: it is possible to grow veggies and fruits throughout the year! This is probably the best benefit of grow tents. Some plants only grow under specific conditions, and with these tents, you can grow such plants.
- Boon for plant lovers: so you love plants but lack the space, or the weather is not conducive? Do you just give up your love? No, all you have to do is get a grow tent and continue with your passion.
- Educating Kids: this is an excellent way to teach children about the environment and plants. By letting them look after the plants in a controlled environment, you can teach them and train them to, later on, look after plants in bigger areas.
- Experiments: it is an excellent way to carry out experiments on a small scale with a grow tent. See what works before you replicate it on a larger scale in your garden.
- Old People: grow tents are a great way to continue with gardening hobby even in old age. Going out and working in the garden can become challenging as you age.
- Less Effort More Gain: with a grow tent; it is possible to grow greens and herbs in large quantities from the comfort of your home. Without putting in much effort, one can enjoy the benefits.
- Add as per convenience: it is entirely up to you to add as many grow tents as you want or as per your convenience. It is easy to keep it to a manageable limit.
- Better indoor atmosphere: with plants inside the house, you will have better air quality inside the home.
- Controlled Environment: with a grow tent; you get to grow plants in a controlled environment. You can control the humidity and temperature. This results in more healthy plants.
- Save Money: it is cheaper to grow plants in a small tent because controlling temperature and light will be less expensive than doing it for a complete room.
- Control the smells: when you add fertilizers or medicines, the odors may become too strong. You can close the tent and keep the odors inside. On the other hand, if there are flowering plants, you can leave the tent open and let the fragrance spread.
- Photosynthesis: grow tents have reflective layers which make sure that your plants get enough light from all angles. In gardens, there are some trees or branches which don’t get enough sunlight, but in a tent, every plant gets equal light, and thus photosynthesis happens in a better way.
Things to Keep in Mind While Choosing a grow Tent
With people having less space and less time, grow tents are becoming very popular. There are so many options to choose from!
If you want to get a grow tent, you may find it confusing if you are not clear about your ideas. Ask these questions to get some clarity. Watch this video for more information.
What size do you need?
How much space you have and what kinds of plants you want are the primary considerations. How much space you need to look after the plants is also essential. For vegetables, you will need to work among the plants. For decorative greens, the actual caring is not as much.
How tall will the plants grow?
Some people love small plants or use bonsai skills to keep their plants small in size. If you want your plants to grow tall, then check the size of the tent and the plant before buying. You can also get an adjustable tent so your plant can grow healthily.
Where do you want to set it up?
The best part about a grow tent is that you can place it anywhere. If you are going to keep it inside a room or garage where it is completely sheltered, then you don’t have to worry about the material.
On the other hand, if you are going to keep it in the open, then you have to be doubly sure of the material and stitching to prevent pests, draft, and dust away.
How will it ventilate?
Proper ventilation, temperature, and humidity maintenance are essential. Circulation of air is crucial. You will electrical connection and access to a window or any opening for setting up exhaust fans.
What accessories do you need?
Do you plan to add extra lights or want to hang some plants? Check that your tent has the right kind of support bars and allows for any modifications or additions.
Size of Grow Tents
Do you want to grow plants indoors? Grow tents are a good option, but you need to be careful about the size of the tent. These are some of the things that you should keep in mind.
- Carefully measure the length, width, and height of the space where you intend to set up the grow tent in.
- The tent should be slightly smaller than this space for easy setup as well as maintenance.
- Be clear about your gardening goals.
- What will be the size of fully grown plants?
Top 10 Best Grow Tent
Have you made up your mind to get a grow tent? The right decision, and you will not regret it! However, another questionable decision awaits you! Which one to buy?
There are so many options in the market. After reading all the information given here, we are sure that you will be able to make a good decision.
Remember to understand your needs first before you look at the products. Here is a list of top 10 best grow tents with detailed information about each product.
1. Best Overall: CoolGrows Grow Tent, 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
CoolGrows Grow Tent, 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow TentThere is a 95 %-reflective mylar lining which gives an efficiency boost to any lighting setup that you do.
It is a high-quality product with heavy-duty zippers and double stitching for durability. The company has used environment-friendly materials with no PVC.
The 600D thickness of tent material is reinforced by metal poles and is stable. Instructions are included, and it is effortless to assemble it.
You can easily reach all plants as access is convenient with door zipper working smoothly. There is an observation window for you to keep an eye on your plants. Here you get a one year warranty and return, or replacement is trouble-free.
- Double stitching and heavy-duty zippers ensure that no light escapes the tent
- 95 % of mylar lining gives a boost to the lighting and temperature
- Only high quality and environment-friendly materials used to make this product
- Perfect size for setting up in a small area and easy access to all plants.
- The metal frame is sturdy, but if you try to hang lights it can get wobbly
One of the best and most popular grow tents in the market. You will get a high-quality product which will last you for a long time.
2. High Quality and Durable: Apollo Horticulture 48”x48”x80” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
One of the best known and most reputed brands in the field of hydroponics. This size is perfect for growing vegetables or herbs in larger quantities.
Many people use it to grow medicinal marijuana. In some places, it is still not legal, so it is better to find out before investing your money. There is a light-absorbing black outer layer and a reflective inner layer.
The material is entirely tear-proof and heat-proof. One good feature is that it has more than one entry point of different sizes.
So, it is easy to just take a quick look in without letting heat and light escape. The mesh panels at the bottom allow seamless ventilation.
- This is a large tent and suitable for growing larger quantities of any particular plant
- Very tough material has been used to make it tear-proof
- Very sturdy and durable and ideally supported by strong metal poles
- Circular holes on top for installation of the inline fan ventilation system
- The instruction manual has only limited information
This is a top-line product with the best quality material used in manufacturing. Very easy to construct and takes very little time to set up.
3. Premium Grow Tent: VIVOSUN 48″x24″x60″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
It is entirely lightproof and waterproof. Its additional -dense 600D canvas makes it very durable. It has a unique ‘diamond’ reflexive mylar design, which provides 98 % grow light reflection.
There are plenty of vents that you can use for cables, ducts, etc. or keep them closed. The poles support the whole structure and lock into place without any screws or other hardware. The frame is quite strong, and you can easily hang features like lights, fans, etc.
The long-lasting SBS zippers are very smooth, and D shaped door gives easy access. The observation window is made of thick transparent plastic for watching your plants without opening the door.
- This is a premium product and can last for years
- Material used for making it is extra thick and tear-proof
- Comes with a tool bag that allows you to keep your gardening tools inside.
- Very easy to clean and maintain with its detachable floor tray.
- The inner layer may start to peel off after a couple of months.
This is an excellent option for growing plants indoors. Its features and design make it one of the best options for a small area for growing a small number of plants.
4. Best For Compartmentalization: TopoGrow 2-in-1 Indoor Grow Tent
This grow tent has two stations with three different growing areas. You can easily manage plants which are in various stages of growth.
Its construction is top class with 600 D oxford cloth on the outside and 96 % diamond mylar reflective layer on the inside. There are multiple vents to accommodate fans and filters. The zippers are strong and don’t get stuck.
The prices are reasonable because you get it at factory prices. The frame is metal and 16 mm in diameter with sturdy metal connectors. Large heavy-duty zippers and double-stitching ensure that there is no leakage of light. One of the best features is its quick tool-free installation.
- 3 different sections for different plants or growth stages
- Several vents for easy installation of fans, lights, etc.
- Available at very reasonable factory price
- Interior diamond mylar layer gives 100 % reflecting the effect
- Head of the zipper may break if you pull too strongly
This grow tent is perfect for middle and large plants. With its two tiers and three sections, it is excellent for seedlings in a separate nursery area.
5. Most Environment Friendly: GreenHouser High Reflective Grow Tent
This tent is a high-quality product and is entirely PVC free. PEVA material is altogether non-toxic and makes this a safe grow tent to keep inside the house.
Inside it has a waterproof diamond mylar layer, which has 96 % highly reflective properties. It has a white metal frame which is connected with sturdy plastic connectors. There are several vents for fans and filters.
Its zippers on the door are very strong and move smoothly. Double stitching and the triple layers of outside, mid-side, and inside don’t allow any light to leak out.
There are some rectangular vents with meshes that promote better circulation and ventilation.
- Lightweight metal frames with plastic connectors
- 600 D oxford cloth and double stitching does not permit light to go out
- Environment-friendly PEVA material. There is no PVC
- Easy to install and maintain. Quick tool-free installation is a great feature
- Frame is not very sturdy and even with a small movement may start to tilt
All plant lovers, by nature, are environment friendly and care deeply about all things in nature. This grows a tent is a good option because of its non-toxic materials.
6. Best At Keeping Light In: TUSY 48 x 48 x 80 inch Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
Are you worried about wastage of light and heat from the tent? Wastage can add to the electricity bill! Choose this product.
Its mylar lining with 95 % reflecting power can improve lighting settings very effectively. All the materials and design of this tent increase the intensity of the growth lamp and keep the temperature at the required settings.
The outside layer is made of 600 tear-resistant D canvas. Its double stitching and overall finishing are of high quality and best for maintaining the right environment.
It is easy to install the tent. The first step is to build the frame. Then pull up cover on the frame. Now, place the tray at the bottom.
- Sturdy and waterproof 600 D polyester and canvas material on the outside.
- Easy to observe the growth of plants through windows and doors
- Instructions for installations are easy to follow
- Light and heat will not escape, and the proper temperature is easy to maintain
- Its stitching is not good and comes off at seams in places and light can leak out
Very high-quality material is used in this product. Stitching, finishing, and detailing of this product are top class.
7. Most Accessories: BloomGrow 60”x60”x80” Grow Tent
You will not only get the grow tent but also get lights, fan filter ducting combo, light hangars, digital hygrometer, shears, timer, trellis netting, and a floor tray.
To enhance the reflective effect, there is a 96 % highly reflective waterproof diamond mylar interior. Digital hygrometer gives you a lot of data, and it will help you grow healthier plants.
You can get accurate readings of humidity, temperature, and time all at the same time. The shears are handy to carry out the maintenance of your plants. This is a complete kit, and once you place the order, you can get it delivered very fast.
- Complete kit with several accessories. Very useful and convenient
- Rope ratchet hangars can carry up to 75-pound weight.
- LED light with friendly full spectrum design.
- The sturdy build of the tent but easy entry and access is possible
- Though it claims to carry 75 pounds, even with lesser weights the frame bends
If you don’t want the hassle of buying a grow tent and then buying everything required separately, then buy this product. You will get a full set with several accessories for easy setup.
8. Most Efficient: Hydro Plus LED Light Grow Tent
This product has some amazing features and designs. Apart from the tent, you also get 6 “filter duct combo, hygrometer, shears, light hangars, 24-hour timer, and trellis netting.
It is available in different energy modes. Full-spectrum will be like having sunlight inside the tent. Save grow; High-yield grows, Lazy grow, and Durable grow are the other modes.
You can choose depending on your plants and their growth. The 6 “ventilation kit is effective at odor control. You can easily remove any unpleasant smells from the tent. The frame is of 16 mm diameter metal while the connectors are of strong plastic.
- It comes with energy saver modes, and you can choose according to your needs
- You get a complete set, and you don’t have to buy things separately
- Lightweight frame and its installation is easy and quick
- Hygrometer will give you information about temperature and humidity
- The zippers are not sturdy enough, and you may have to use duct tape to keep it closed
This tent comes with lots of accessories for easy setup. New Tech LED grow light has several different modes, and you can save on your electricity bills.
9. High Quality and Low Price: Oppolite 36″x36″x72″ Hydroponic Grow Tent
It is ideal for a small room or closet space. For beginners, it is a good option as they can practice this. It has 600 D lightproof oxford cloth on the outside.
It has large zippers and double stitching all around. There are rectangular vents with mesh for better ventilation. You will find it easy to put up fans and filters. An observation window will allow you to see your plants easily without having to go in.
The windows are green in color as it blends well with plants and their environment. This tent is perfect to grow herbs or vegetables in small quantities.
- The tent comes with a removable waterproof floor tray for easy cleaning
- There are nylon belts which can be used as filter straps
- Comes with an instruction manual with step by step assembling procedure
- It has a sturdy 16 mm diameter frame and metal push-lock corners
- There are too many openings for a tent of this size.
This grow tent is perfect for small areas or for people who want to start small. It has some great features and accessories and that too at a very reasonable price.
10. Sturdy and Reliable: VIPARSPECTRA 48″x24″x60″ Reflective 600D Mylar Hydroponic 4’x2′ Grow Tent
This may be the last product on our list, but it does not mean that it lacks anything! The heavy-duty zippers are smooth and will not get any trouble.
Double stitching takes care of any leakage problems. This is a high-quality product and safe product specially designed for horticulturists. It offers you the controlled environment that you need for growing plants.
There are multiple round vents for different fan filters, as well as a rectangular window with mesh for better ventilation. There is a 100% reflective, lightproof, and tear-resistant mylar layer.
It has a waterproof floor with Velcro for easy cleaning and maintenance. The company also offers a one year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Design is good with multiple vents for filters and ducts
- Metal poles lock into place with spring tension and are sturdy
- Customer service is excellent, and they respond quickly
- Completely lightproof mylar and waterproof floor make it very efficient
- In some cases fabric starts to fall apart after about six months
Great product with great features! Multiple vents for putting fans and filters of different sizes. Customer service is excellent, with an immediate response.
Is it worth it? This is a question that can be troubling you! Let us remind you of some of the main benefits of a grow tent. Global warming is causing excessive heat, and a tent can protect your plants from the scorching sun.
Yes, you have to invest initially, but it will save you money in the long run. In a completely controlled environment, it is possible to stop wastage of water and fertilizers caused by excessive heat, wind, or rain.
Buying a grow tent is the right decision. You will also need to be clear about your gardening goals. With information about different products, you are now ready to make the right choice. Decide to bring nature indoors and enjoy the benefits!